Embellishment Series: 1- Fabric Covered Buttons

I am happy to bring you a tutorial series on embellishments. I LOVE making embellishments!!!! The first one I am sharing with you is a fabric covered button. These are so cute and easy to make!! 



I decided to make my own printed fabric for these buttons. I used Archival ink in black and my favorite script stamp to stamp on to a piece of muslin. Look how pretty!


I like to use chipboard circles for my button base. Then I cut whatever fabric I am using in a bigger circle like so:


Now I sew a running stitch around the fabric


before I pull the thread to gather it, I insert the chipboard circle with a little batting into the fabric


Now, pull and gather around the stuffing and circle


I like to finish off the back side with a felt circle. And there you have it! So cute, and so simple! Please let me know if you give them a try!!

and please follow me on my other social media sites:

Comments

  1. Quick and easy to do, just what we crafters need, hanks for the share and look forward to #2.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts