Altered Jars

Am I the only one who saves every freakin jar so that at some point they may be altered?? I am literally driving my partner nuts with this obsession. He recycles and I am constantly grabbing jars and bottles from the recycle bin. I collect faster than I use them. The last time I tried to hoard a liquor bottle my partner refused to let me because he says the collection of bottles I already have make us look like a couple of lushes! lol. I do take the time and throw a gesso party every now and then and at least get them primed for use. So I have a collection of white jars and bottles now. I decided that it was time to alter a couple. Here is what I did:

I used two plain jars.(no gesso party)I used this crackle medium right on the plain jar. I'M OBSESSED WITH CRACKLE MEDIUM!! You need to let this dry for 24 hours

First I painted a coat of blue directly over the crackle. Look at that crackle!!


I put a coat of cream paint over the blue paint and it crackled too!!

I was really feeling like some jute twine would be great on these jars..... so I began gluing and wrapping..... and gluing and wrapping...... and gluing and wrapping........

I thought some lace would be cute peeking out from the jute twine... I was right!

So....... by the middle of wrapping this jute twine around the jar  I was over it! OMGEEEE! No more wrapping jute twine!! If I mention anything about wrapping jute twine around ANYTHING someone slap me please!!!

I added a strip of lace on top of the wonderful jute twin around the middle of the jar. 

This is the project I made the flowers for!



I love how they turned out. I can't decide wether they will be for sale or adorning our new house..... I'll keep you posted. Thanks for stopping by. 

Comments

Popular Posts