Shabby Chic Pincushion Tutorial

I just love making pincushions! I had this beautiful frame sitting around for years and decided to show you how easy it is to turn a frame into a pincushion.

I began by using the frame to trace on fabric. I cut out two pieces of the fabric and sewed them together leaving a small opening for stuffing. Once stuffed, I sewed the little pillow closed. 





Then I cut out the pretty fabric. I cut it an inch bigger than the frame. It's better to have too much than not enough!


I placed the pillow in the frame under the pretty fabric.


I pressed the frame firmly onto my table as I hot glued the frame to the pretty fabric. 


After it is all glued down, I removed the pillow and flipped the frame over to trim off the excess pretty fabric. 


I cut out a piece of sturdy chipboard to fit over the back of the frame. 



I put the pillow back in and hot glued the chipboard on the back of the frame. 



Then I covered the chipboard with felt. 


I used a pretty trim to finish off the bottom and top of this pretty pincushion. 




And just look how beautiful it turned out!


Thanks for stopping by! Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think!  Come on by my other social medial sites!

Comments

Popular Posts