Singed Petal Flower

Well it looks like I am on a flower making roll! I am quickly building up my stash of pretty flowers again. I made these with a certain project in mind (blog post coming soon!). There are many singed petal flowers out there, but this is one of my favs!! I started with a strip of fabric about 20" long and 1.5" wide. Then I fold it up like this:

Then I round one end with scissors to form "petals"


Unfold the strip and gently pass each petal over a flame to softly singe the edges. Be careful not to catch the fabric or yourself on fire.......


Run a straight stitch down the straight edge of the fabric and gather it up to make the flower.


So pretty <3


  
I make the next layer the same way but I use a strip of fabric about 2" wide


Add a pretty center and it's done! You can add as many layers as you like, just make each layer a little bit bigger. This was the perfect size for what I'm working on. This adorable loopy flower center is available at KS4U, it comes in many pretty colors!


I hope you like them and will give them a try!


thanks for stopping by!

Comments

Popular Posts