New Live Classes Coming!

Hi everyone!! I am excited to announce that I will be live every Thursday at 1pm EST on my YouTube channel: Amylove!   It is a new series that will be called Art Journal Play Thursday! I was so inspired by Stacy Evans Mixed Media Mashup and I drew upon her example in many ways. When I work in my art journal, I usually have a concept before I begin. There are days when I feel completely uninspired and just want to play. This is an exercise to help me do just that. To start a page without a concept at all, just follow the prompts!!


I will be simply pulling these randomly from a jar and doing whatever it says. I am not using all of the prompts Stacy suggests and I threw in a couple of my own. Here is the list I am starting with and I am sure I will add to it over time:
Acrylic Paint
Ink
Markers
Emboss
Texture Paste
Gesso
Collage
Add Texture
Add Sparkle
Add Text
Sprays
Doodle or Draw
Stamp
Finger Paint
Add Strips of Paper
Add Splatters or Drips
Stencil
Add Dimension 
Markers or Pens
Add Circles
Add a Border
Add Dots
Add Hearts
Add Tissue Paper

You are more than welcome to play along with me on Thursdays and I will draw a stick for each of us, or feel free to make your own sticks/cards. I plan to art journal for an hour and we will get through as many as we can during that time frame. I am looking forward to this and I hope you will join in!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts