Shabby Chic Purse

Hi everyone! I hope you are doing well. I have not been spending as much time as I would like in my craft room, but truth is....if I had my way, I'd never leave it...lol. I was wandering around Hobby Lobby the other day and found a roll of this crochet lace type fabric on clearance. I had no idea what I was going to do with it, but I had to have it!! As I unwrapped it at home and was checking it out...the idea of this purse is what popped into my head.

I began by cutting the fabric into a piece that was 12"X20". Then I decided to use some linen for the lining and cut it 12.5"X20.5". Then I folded the linen in 1/4" all the way around.

I attached the linen to the fabric with a zigzag stitch all the way around. The I folded up the fabric to form the purse. It is about 8" deep. I then sewed the edges together using a zigzag stitch. 


I used a remnant of fringe I had in my stash to embellish the flap closure.
I thought long and hard about what kind of strap I wanted. I kept coming back this strand of pearls. I sewed the strand to the underside of the flap closure. 
Then I added this lace and crocheted doily flower I had made.


I think it turned out just fabulous!!!! What do you think? This purse is available for purchase through my Etsy Store


Comments

  1. Stunning Amy!
    Hugs
    Linda xxxx
    http://lindasimpsoncraftypieceofheaven.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts