YoYo Flowers


I am crazy about making my own fabric flowers! I just love them. I am currently obsessed with making yoyo flowers. They are easy to make and so much fun! 

1. Trace a circle onto the wrong side of your fabric. I don't use exact measurements, I use a bowl or whatever I have handy. 
2. Trace another circle that is smaller.
3. Cut out both circles

4. Use a running stitch around the edge of each circle with about 1/4" seam allowance.
5. Once you have completed the running stitch, pull it to bring the edges of the circle together
6. Once pulled together tight, run a stitch through to secure the edges together
7. Then pull the thread all the way through the flower and then back up, do two of these stitches


8&9. Now you are going to attach the two flowers together. Layer the flowers on top of one another and run a couple of stitches through the middle of both flowers.


10. Now you are ready to glue or sew on a button or whatever embellishment you would like in the middle of your flower.


How cute is this? Sometimes I just spend hours making flowers. It is a soothing activity for me. I hope you enjoyed this blog post and hope that you give making this yoyo flower a try. Please let me know if you do, I would love to see them!



Comments

  1. Stephanie B's Creative Designs here. Just found your blog. LOVE your flowers!!!! LOVE checking out your BLOG!! Please follow me at http://stephaniescreativezone.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts