Fabric Prayer Journal

Welcome to my crafty blog!! It is about time :) I thought I would share one my favorite projects for my first blog post. This was my first attempt at a fabric book. I made a Prayer journal. I have a YouTube tutorial that goes into more detail about how I attached the pages together. I was going for a shabby chic feel. The front cover is done with lace, lace trim, tulle, a crochet flower,  and a crystal cross  I found at Hobby Lobby and fell in love with.

The second page is covered with a crochet placemat and has satin/lace ruffle around the edges. There is a vintage picture about prayer surrounded by a beautiful rainbow rose trim. I have added a pink shabby flower in the corner.


On page 2 I have built a pocket out of burlap and lace and pearl trim. The page is covered in pink lace over pink satin. There is more lace surrounding the edges because you can never have too much lace!! There is another crochet flower in the corner. I have added journaling cards in the pocket <3


Page 3 is.. you guessed it… covered in lace!! There are beautiful lace trims surrounding the page and crochet lace framing the prayer quote. I have added some delicate flowers to the corners.

Page 4 is covered in tulle with a pocket made from more pieces of that crochet placemat. I have added more prayer journaling cards to the pocket.

The back cover is made from the crochet placemat, laces, and a flower I made using laces.


I finished off the binding with a lace bow and bling dangles.

I enjoyed making this project. It was made from the heart for someone who is very special to me. I hope you enjoyed seeing it. I will post a link to the YT video if you would like more information on how I put it together. Thank you and welcome to my crafty kingdom!!

http://youtu.be/_KDD_eiW8o0?list=UUhW3qIJnd5A2p53C6ttwyiA



Comments

Popular Posts