This Girl Loves to Snowshoe

"This girl loves to snowshoe" is a sentence I never thought I would be saying about myself! Maine has changed so much about my life and who I am. I have been amazing myself by how I am improving my life and my state of mind. These changes are in no small part due to my amazing husband. I've never been so supported and encouraged. He has been eager to share his passions with me. He bought me my first pair of snow shoes for Christmas and we have been steadily breaking them in. Today we hooked up with a local group and went for my first group snow shoe. 


Normally when I am snowshoeing with my husband.... we do not follow a trail. He loves to "break trail"! What that means is turning a leisurely hike into a total workout. He lives for it!! So for me.....  being able to walk along an already packed down trail, was a down right treat! And I enjoyed it very much. 


The beauty of a Maine winter takes my breath away. Snowshoeing over the hills and through the woods is a spiritual experience. 


We ended the day by gathering for chili and cornbread and the best homemade hot cocoa!

ok.... taking selfies in the glare of the sunlight and snow is near impossible but this was my best effort! Here's to another magical day in Maine!

Comments

Popular Posts