Five 2020 Crafty Mindsets

Happy New Year everyone! In the past I have created crafty bucket lists for the new year ahead. Listing all of the things that I wanted to try my hand at craft wise. I never quite made it through the list every year, but I did get the chance to knock quite a few off of the list. I do have things that I want to try this year too....but my life goals and my crafty goals for the year are similar so this more of a mindset to carry with me through the year. 

1. Don't be so hard on myself: it's ok if a project doesn't turn out the way I wanted, it's ok if I never finish the project I started, it's ok to say no, it's ok to take time away from social media and my craft room. 

2. Be more patient with people: everyone is facing their own struggles. Unforgiveness only hurts me. I can't control their actions, but I can control my own.

3. Set boundaries: I have to put personal boundaries in place for my well being. I don't have to be friends with everybody, but I will treat everybody with kindness. And sometimes it is kinder to walk away. 

4. Enjoy the process!: This comes from my years spent in the early childhood education field and lately from playing games with our 7 year old grandson. It's not always about the outcome. The joy comes from the process! If it isn't fun while you are creating/doing it...... why are you doing it?

5. Understand that I am not in competition with anyone: Sometimes there is a hyped up idea that crafting is somehow a competition. I realize that if you are not immersed in the community that might sound ridiculous..... and it is. Everyone has different strengths, aesthetics, abilities, and styles. That is what makes us beautiful! 

I do have a sort of crafty bucket list for this year. You can watch it unfold both here and on my YT. I keep a crafty inspiration journal that a fellow crafter made for me. It stays by my bedside as that is where I get inspired in the middle of the night so I quickly write them in there. 

I create for me. I do it because I love it. No more creating on demand...... I need the creative freedom to make what I want, when I want, how I want. 

Thank you all for your support! Please leave me a comment, I would love to hear from you!
Thanks for stopping by! Please come by my other social medial sites!

Comments

  1. Well said and so true. Older and wiser/life experience has helped me see that my happiness is important.Being kind to others is important too. I would rather give then receive.Thanks Amy for your honest and thought provoking words. You are an inspiration in and out of the craft room. 💞

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts