Country Shabby Coasters

I've had these wooden coasters in my stash for a while now. While being at home for months now, I have been slowly working on all of those projects that have been piling up. For the coasters I really wanted them to have a crackle look to them. I decided to try using the Helmar Craft & Hobby PVA Glue to achieve the crackle. I love how it turned out! To make these coasters, you will need:
wooden coasters
Helmar Craft & Hobby PVA Glue
Helmar Crystal Note Glass Varnish
paint
paint brushes
pretty napkins
water
plastic wrap


I began by painting a thick coat of Helmar PVA Glue on each coaster.


 I let it dry for about 2 min. 


After it dried for 2 minutes, it was still wet but more tacky. I applied one coat of paint over the wet glue.


As the glue dries under the paint, it creates the crackle. 


It worked really well!


I used a paint brush dipped in water to outline the image on the napkin that I wanted to use.


I gently tore around the image where I brushed the water on.


 I mixed the PVA glue with a bit of water: 2 parts glue:1 part water to make my decoupage medium.


 I brushed the glue/water mixture onto  my coaster.


I used a piece of plastic wrap to adhere my napkin to my coaster. This makes it easier to smooth out the image without tearing it.


Then I lightly coated the entire coaster face with the glue/water mixture.  


 Once the coasters where completely dry, I sprayed them with the Helmar Crystal Note Glass Varnish to finish them off.


They turned out super cute!



Thanks for stopping by! Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think!  Come on by my other social medial sites!

Comments

  1. Amazing. Thanks for sharing. Love form India. Dishita . My email ID (dishita.bavisi@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts