Meal Prepping!! Let's do this!

Amylove here dusting off the cobwebs on my blog lol!

Meal Prep for the week of Oct. 1st.  My fiancé has been working on a big job this summer. He is only home on the weekends. But he is just as serious (if not more so) than me about his diet. We make a deliberate effort to make all of our own meals so that we are clear about the ingredients. I make enough meals on Sunday to get him through the week out of town. So.... here is what is on the menu this week!

I like to make something simple on Mondays since he has such a long drive to the job, this Monday he's having sloppy joes, with organic bread, and oven roasted potatoes. Here is the sloppy Joe recipe I am using:
Sloppy Joes

He has some pork chops in the freezer at the job, so for Tuesday he's gonna bake those in the oven, and I am sending a jar of organic sauerkraut, and preparing a broccoli salad to accompany the meal. I don't remember where I found the recipe for the broccoli salad... I kinda make it up as I go every time I make it lol. Here's what I did this time:
Ingredients:
2 cups of organic fresh broccoli florets
1 small red onion chopped
1 package of uncured bacon cooked and crumbled
1 cup of organic red grapes sliced in half
a squeeze of lemon
and organic mayo to your taste
salt and pepper to your taste

I just mix this all together and presto!! Yumminess!

Pizza for Wednesday!! NO.... not delivery... home made every time!! We don't eat a lot of pizza but it is one of my FAVS!! Him and I have very different opinions on what should go on a pizza! I'm not having pizza this week so this is based on how he likes his pizza. I purchase multigrain pizza dough at my local grocery store ( it is not organic but the ingredients pass the -every once a while- test). The dough will be topped with nearly a jar of organic marinara. He likes so much sauce that he will have to eat the pizza with a utensil other than his hands. He will use any remaining sauce to dip the pizza in once it is baked. I will chop all of the toppings up today so they will be ready to put on the pizza. I am chopping 1 green pepper, 1 red pepper, 1 onion, a bunch of mushrooms, he will also add a can of diced tomatoes, and anchovies. He prefers to top his pizza with organic blue cheese.

Towards the end of the week I prepare something Vegan or Vegetarian for two reasons... 1. I am preparing all of the food on Sunday so the food could go bad before it gets eaten. 2. We both feel that meat is over consumed and that there are health benefits to eating less meat. So for Thursdays meal I am preparing Vegan Jambalaya. We both just love this dish!

I like to make something special on Sunday nights since it's our last meal together for the week. Tonight I am preparing uncured brat worst (because I love German food), with oven roasted Brussels sprouts, and Sauteed Cabbage and Apples! Sounds good..... I'll let you know lol.

We use organic ingredients about 90% of the time. I realize this is not an option for everyone. It is very costly. We choose to eat out less, go less places that cost money so that we can eat this way. This lifestyle is a priority for us. It has literally changed my life and I will be sure to share my experience in a future blog post. Thanks for having a read through. Please leave a comment if you have any questions or try any of the recipes. Here's to your health!!!

Comments

Popular Posts