Altered Tin Tutorial

I have had this tea tin in my cabinets for a while, and every time I saw it I knew I wanted to alter it. This altered tin swap came along and there was my chance!! I covered the tin with one coat of gesso (paint primer). I didn't cover the lip with and gesso or paint so that the tin would continue to close properly.



I used a little sponge to add pink paint around all of the edges. I like the coverage of a sponge verses a brush. I chose my favorite Tilda paper for this project, "Country Escape". I used my paper cutter to cut the paper to size and a tape runner to adhere the paper to the tin.


I used (and got carried away with) this Tim Holtz Tea Dye Distress Ink around all of the paper. I used a needle to poke a hole in the tin lid and then used these scissors to make the hole a bit bigger so the screw for the handle would fit.


Now for the embellishments!! I hot glued on some adorable trims, die cuts from Tilda paper, flowers, and Stickles.


I really love it! I hope my swap partner does too!!!



If you would like to see my video share of this tin, please follow this link to my video:

Thanks for coming by! See you next time!!

Comments

  1. Amy that tin is beautiful and you make it look so easy. Thank You for always sharing your work. I appreciate it.
    Have a blessed weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful job....looks so pretty. Sincerely, Elaine Rico

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is stunning . Pink is my favorite color . I love the embellishment that you use . Your partner will love it . God bless XO Rose-Marie in Canada

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rose-Marie.... pink is my favorite too!

      Delete
  4. Fab glam! Thanks for sharing, I have some big tins and I will copycat your gorgeous alter. (but I won't take the credit!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes, I love dab sponging, I find it gives much better coverage.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE your pink tin, so GTRLY!!!!
    Stephasnie B's Creative Designs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah Amy, nicely done. Even pink. It's very clean and sweet.
    Many XX's.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah Amy, nicely done. Even pink. It's very clean and sweet.
    Many XX's.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts